Entertainment and sustainability go hand in hand here at the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham!
We’re passionate about reducing our environmental impact and creating a sustainable future for all. Whether we’re looking at energy, water or recycling, as the biggest entertainment venue in the East Midlands, we’re constantly striving to improve our practices and minimise our carbon footprint, while still delivering an exceptional experience for our visitors.
We’re committed to supporting Nottingham’s ambition to become the UK’s first sustainable carbon neutral city by 2028, and we’ll continue our passion and dedication to shaping a greener environment for future generations.
- Our solar panels, installed in 2013, produce enough electricity to power 30 live music events each year!
- We have been a zero to landfill venue for over 12 years. This means that none of our waste goes to landfill. Instead, our waste goes to a local incinerator and is ingeniously, generated into electricity via steam and energy
- We have our own natural water supply and reuse wastewater to make ice for our ice rinks
- We work closely with artists and promoters to make their events as sustainable as possible
- Customers can eat vegan at our Vegan Kitchen situated on the concourse. We’re proud that our Vegan Kitchen was the UK’s first dedicated vegan food outlet in an arena!
- We were the first UK indoor entertainment & sports venue to introduce eco-friendly cups in 2017. We now recycle just 0.6 of a ton of plastic in an average year, compared to 4.5 tons before eco-cups. Read more about our eco-cups.
Help When You Visit Us
- Travel to us on public transport if you can. Nottingham has a wide range of public transport options with easy access as we’re based in the city centre
- Recycle using the bins provided around the concourse
- Use the stairs in our venue wherever you can. It costs 11p in energy for every lift use!