Women's Ice Hockey
Thursday 7 to Sunday 10 October 2021
Tickets from: £6.50
ABOUT OLYMPIC QUALIFIERS
Olympic Qualifiers at the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham on Thursday 7 to Sunday 10 October 2021
Thursday 7 October 2021
Face-Off 2PM - Korea v Slovenia
Face-Off 7PM - Great Britain v Iceland
Friday 8 October 2021
Face-Off 2PM - Iceland v Korea
Face-Off 7PM - Great Britain v Slovenia
Sunday 10 October 2021
Face-Off 1PM - Slovenia v Iceland
Face-Off 5PM - Korea v Great Britain
The prestigious Olympic Qualifying will return to the UK next month as Great Britain Women begin their bid to reach the 2022 Winter Olympics in China.
The Motorpoint Arena Nottingham will be the venue for the women's Olympic Pre-Qualification Round 2 after Korea decided to withdraw from hosting the event.
The four team tournament - involving GB, Korea, Slovenia and Iceland - will take place from Thursday 7 to Sunday 10 October.
The group winners will qualify for November’s Final Qualification tournament for next year’s Winter Olympics in China.
It's a second Olympic Qualifying event in the UK in less than two years after the Motorpoint Arena hosted the men's qualifying event in February 2020.
Ice Hockey UK Chair, Clifton Wrottesley, said: "We are really excited to be hosting one of the groups in the latest round of Olympic Qualifying.
"I'd like to sincerely thank the Motorpoint Arena for their support in getting this confirmed in such a short space of time. They’ve really gone above and beyond - and pulled out all the stops to turn this around in such a short space of time.
"This is a massive opportunity to showcase the women's game and we are thrilled to be hosting it in such a fantastic venue. What a fantastic prospect - being able to support our women on their quest towards the Olympics in Beijing next year and being able to do it on home ice.
"I really hope that every ice hockey fan out there in the UK will be able to come to the arena in Nottingham and cheer on the GB ladies, who I know will be giving it their all to qualify for the next round next month. I’ll be there, I hope to see you all there too."
Martin Ingham, Chief Executive at the Motorpoint Arena, said: "It’s particularly pleasing to host the women’s qualifiers after hosting the men’s as well.
"It demonstrates ice hockey is for all and we are hoping to use the event to help drive female participation in ice hockey in Nottingham and around the UK."
Access bookings can be made by calling our booking line on 0808 164 4616 (this is a freephone number for accessible bookings only). This line is open 9am to 6pm Wednesdays, 9am-7pm Thursdays and Fridays and 9am to 6pm on Saturdays.
Price A Seats: £6.50
- We’re operating bag and search policies. Please do not bring bags to events if possible. If you need to bring a bag, no rucksacks or bags larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm will be permitted. Lockers will not be available for use. All customers will be subject to a search outside the venue via wand before entering.
- Under-16s free with every paying adult (maximum two per person). Additional Under-16s and unaccompanied 14-15yr olds must purchase a ticket at the Adult rate. Under 14’s must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over.
- Children two & under are free of charge. If the child requires their own seat a ticket must be requested at time of booking. This is not available online. When not occupying a seat, a two & under wristband must be requested/issued from a steward from doors, on the day of the match.
- Group bookings of 20 or more tickets must be booked though the box office.
- Block 17 is the noisy block, drum instruments only are allowed. No whistles or air horns (air horns, laser pens and photography are not permitted at any matches).