MOTORPOINT ARENA NOTTINGHAM
As a live entertainment and leisure venue, our main areas of focus are:• Consumption of electricity, heat, water and other resources
• Production and disposal of waste & pollution
• Atmosphere emissions from travel associated with our business
Why is it important for the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham to manage environmental impacts?
• To assist Nottingham City Council with their Energy Strategy and align ourselves with their Environmental policies and objectives.
• To be a leader in the live entertainment, conference and event industry as a responsible venue for artists and audiences to visit.
• To reduce our emissions and resources through research and investing in, and implementing, efficient and innovative technologies and behavioural changes.
• To comply with environmental legislation and regulations, and to strive to comply with industry best practice.
How are we effectively managing and reducing our environmental impacts?
• By using sustainable, renewable, clean energy wherever possible, including from our Waste-to-Energy supplier and solar powered PV cells on the roof of the building.
• Measuring electricity, water and heating consumption and comparing and reducing consumption via bespoke metering equipment.
• Launching a recycling programme to maximise recyclable waste streams by setting and continuously improving recycling targets and performance.
• Implementing a ‘zero to landfill’ (non-hazardous) waste management system. Non-recyclable waste is incinerated locally, providing electricity and heating for the venue.
• An energy reduction plan has been introduced to identify capital investment opportunities and behavioural intervention in order to reduce energy and water consumption.
• The creation of a company-wide Environmental group which serves to educate staff, identify and prioritise new environmental opportunities and manage, monitor and report on their impact.
• Offering support for, and increasing awareness of, environmentally friendly public transport and alternative, greener modes of transport to the facility for staff and customers.