British Ice Skating Synchronized Skating Championships
Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 January 2019
Tickets from: £10.40
ABOUT BRITISH ICE SKATING SYNCHRONIZED SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS
British Ice Skating Synchronized Skating Championships at the Motorpoint Arena Nottingham on Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 January 2019.
Tickets are on sale from 9am on Friday 7 December 2018.
The 2019 British Synchronized Skating Championships will return to the National Ice Centre and Motorpoint Arena Nottingham. It’s one of the biggest events of the skating calendar for British Ice Skating with teams from every corner of Britain taking part. It is a weekend packed with action and great competitive skating.
Amanda Hembrow-Jones, Chair of the Synchronized Skating Technical Committee said: “British Ice Skating is delighted to be returning to the National Ice Centre and Motorpoint Arena once again for the British Synchronized Skating Championships. This event has proved hugely popular and the excellent facilities of the National Ice Centre have ensured that the event is a wonderful experience for the audience as well as the competitors.
This will be the event where the teams competing to be the representatives for the Junior and Senior World Championships will be skating, as part of the qualification process. There are also many other categories for all ages of skaters. The atmosphere is a hugely important part of the event and the audiences at the National Ice Centre always do their part to give great support to every team competing. It is a day full of action, drama and colour with passionate teams of skaters and hugely energetic supporters in the audience.
I am very much looking forward to returning to Nottingham, to the event that is supported and hosted by a great team at the National Ice Centre. The staff always make sure it is a memorable experience for the skaters and the audience.”
Synchronized Skating is the fastest growing figure skating discipline and involves teams of 12-16 skaters, skating in formation with speed and precision whilst performing intricate routines to music. It combines the beauty and elegance of freestyle skating and the excitement of a team sport, but it takes hours of hard work and dedication on and off the ice to blend between 12 and 16 skaters into one unit. It makes skaters of all ages and abilities work together as a team.
Synchronized skating teams are spread across the UK. Teams from the Isle of Wight, Gosport, West Wales, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Slough, Lee Valley, Sheffield, Deeside, Bradford, Solihull, Hull, Altrincham, Deeside, Nottingham, Aberdeen, Inverness, Stirling, Dumfries and Ayr will be in attendance.
The National Ice Centre will be hosting the 2020 World Junior Synchronized Skating Championships. As a spectacular fast moving, and choreographically clever discipline, requiring highly skilled and dedicated athletes is bound to be hit and draw in large audiences.
General Admission: £10.40
Consessions General Admission: £8.90 (NUS card holders, Senior Citizens and disabled customers only)
Groups: groups of 12+ can book tickets at the consession rate by emailing our Groups Sales Executive.
- We’re operating new bag and search policies. Please do not bring bags to events if possible. If you need to bring a bag, no rucksacks or bags larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm will be permitted. Lockers will not be available for use. All customers will be subject to a search outside the venue via wand before entering.
- No photography is permitted as per British Ice Skating Competition rules.
- No maximum tickets per person.
- Visit the British Ice Skating website for competition timetable details: http://www.iceskating.org.uk
- Ticket holders will be able to watch the practice sessions in the morning (times TBC).
- Please advise all customers that under 14s must be accompanied by an adult aged 18+.
- Children under 2 are free of charge when not occupying a seat, an Under 2’s wristband must be collected on the day of the show from a steward.
- Start times are subject to change.